Sunday, August 4, 2013

Zettai Ryouiki ☆ Sex Royale!! - The best ending CGs ever



So I'm a bit bored today, a bright idea pops into my head - why not write something in my mundane blog! But then, checking my extensive list of visual novels with the ever increasing stalled list, I realize I haven't finish a single visual novel! So here we are.  

If you're wondering what I've been doing, I've been playing Wii RPG games on an emulator and you know how long a RPG is right?

In the only decent blog post in my blog, I made a comment saying how godlike softhouse-seal GRANDEE 3rd game's ending CGs are and to this day? I still think they are (because I haven't finish a single *&$$*%#@ visual novel). But honestly now, looking at their 5th game ending CGs, the quality of the CGs here are truly amazing.

As softhouse-seal games don't really have a story, I do not think these CGs are spoilers, but remember that they are ending CGs, if you want to see them yourself, you should properly leave now



Still here? Let's start then!

Saori Bitter Sweet CG


Have I mention how much I love happy endings? Oh, and about how much I love Saori? The light, it's so bright! The reason why I love Sakura Momoka (佐倉もも花) is because of her insanely cute voice acting of Saori here.

Now, if you're looking at this CG and thinking, "It's just a guy and a girl with a baby, what's so special?"
.....
.....
.....
First of, the CG is rather nicely drawn, don't you think? Saori looks quite good. Now, I may love happy endings and all that, but why does this CG hold so much significant for me? Simple, it's the fact that this CG fits amazingly well with Saori personality. 

Saori, she seems like a cute innocent girl, considered a "princess" in the school and is guarded by a bodyguard, but then, very quickly, you see how mischievous she is! I wish softhouse-seal's game weren't so hard to translate as I would love to make some videos on it. The moments in this routes make me grin the entire way! From this point on, this is no doubt the reason I play every single new softhouse-seal GRANDEE game, I tried so many visual novels and a nukige make me smile the most - surprising.  

Now I may have exaggerate how mischievous she is (a mischievous character and this CG, how is it fitting?). but playing through her route, I get a certain feeling about her, and this CG, it just describes and represents that feeling so well. When I saw this CG, the smile on my face grew even wider. It's hard to explain as I finish this visual novel long ago, but think of it this way. If you can replace the character in the CG and it'll still "feel" the same, then it's a bad ending CG. In this visual novel, if any of the other heroine were to be here instead of Saori, I would think of it as really unfitting because only Saori has the personality fitting for a CG like this, even her character design is just calling for it!

Truly, truly a big positive in my book, especially since it's the first route I finish and from this point on, I wish every game have a ending CGs with as much significant as this and this is only the start! There is still more great ending CGs to show.

  Suzuka's Cake


Cake.........must...have.....it.... Ok, I'll break it, the only reason I love this ending CG is because the cake looks so yummy, just kidding.

Now here's a real mischievous girl and it's obvious from the CG and she loves to eat stuff, she eat Yuma (the guy) all the time! And I mean that in a total non-suggestive way, really! I'm not trying to suggest anything here...maybe... But see how this is coming together? She is mischievous and she loves "sweet" stuff (also not trying to suggest anything  from that either). It's so oblivious from this CG and this is why it's another great CG, it fits perfectly well with the heroine.

Again, awesome, it "feels" realistic, like if I see someone like Suzuka in real life, I can honestly imagine seeing something like this happening and it also gives a bitter sweet feeling as well - pluses after pluses!

Mai, hahaha........


If you're not laughing at this like I am, look at the CG again. Guy tied up, his waifu and children throwing shurikens at him. How can you not smile? 

Yes, Mai is a ninja and I love this CG just because of the comedic value of it. Mai looks great in that kimono And yes, she is one of my favorite heroine, yes I love her HCGs, no I am not a lolicon, no I do not endorse rape, nor do I endorse abuse of husband or wife. 

Now that the questions are done, wow Mai sure looks great. Ok, I'm a lolicon, now, what is Mai like? First of, she is the bodyguard to Saori and she seriously has a grudge against Yuma (scroll back up if you miss the picture) so something like this can be hard to imagine. Now judging her character at the beginning, she seemed really serious, really committed to her role as bodyguard, but seeing her being carefree like this and smile. It's a great change and just help add value to this CG. Character development is no doubt one of the biggest positive of all visual novels, a nukige is no exception. 

How I wish I could experience everything again...

 

Now for some of the "meh" ending CGs. Charlotte, if you read my previous blog post, her personality is very similar to Iris, the typical stubborn loli and I wasn't impress by her route or ending CG. The ending CG lacks the bitter sweet feeling of other CGs. Seeing two people arguing, it just doesn't seems like a good relationship to me. Charlotte is stubborn so I guess it fits with the personality, but I'm quite disappointed after all the amazing CGs. 

This is why when I try their 4th game, and see how well Iris route was done, I was genuinely surprise, I didn't enjoy Charlotte route so much, but Iris is definitely lot of (stone) steps above. 


Airi, I ain't going to lie, when I play through the game, I felt Airi character design was a bit off, the other CGs are quite nice, but I just find Airi's off. 

Who is Airi? She has a bro-con. - she fantasizes about her brother all the time and I guess this is the problem here - except for this one thing, I don't really see any other aspect of her personality. Her route was certainly interesting.though, I think it almost enter yandere territory at one point, but except for that, the only thing I can associate with Airi is, she likes her brother.

The CG itself is certainly bitter sweet, but replace this with another heroine and I would still feel the same way, I admit though, I would love to see some of the other girls in wedding dress, CGs with girls in wedding dresses are surprisingly rare and when there is a CG of it, it normally looks great. So overall, there isn't really anything to associate with Airi and the CG just leave you feeling "bland."




Closing Words

Not all the ending CGs were perfect, but the ones that were... I definitely consider them some of my most favorite CGs. Yes, some images can be very well drawn, but when it lacks impact, when it lacks significance then it pretty much just like any other typical CGs out there. Now, for some of the CGs to have more of an impact, you do need to play the visual novel and finish that particular route. Nothing beat actually experiencing the events yourself. 

Looking back, I definitely get reminded of the fun I had in this visual novel, but I do have my personal preference, if you're interest, try to see how much you like the characters and keep in mind it is a nukige. Look at the "moe" or cute scenes and see if you enjoy how it's executed and the HCGs + animation are definitely solid. I'm even getting a bit nostalgic and now this blog post is so serious.

So... see a girl name Hotaru? MAIDDDDDDD MOEEEEEEEEEEEEE~!!! *Dies*



Maybe I'll write another blog post on the tragic ending of eden*

3 comments:

  1. Dude Im trying to find Sumire and unlock all of her CGs but shes more of a random encounter than anything else. (At one point I stumbled upon a short harem route...?) Can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the game installed anymore, but did you try following this walkthrough? http://seiya-saiga.com/game/softhouse-seal/sex.html

      You have to follow it until you reach save 3, then follow the part after "菫のHシーンが回収できなかった人は以下".

      Delete
  2. can't get game to run, blue screen syntax error...

    ReplyDelete